Skip to main content

APC says N' Assembly invasion, a coup

All
Progressives Congress (APC) has
said the police invasion of the
National Assembly last week is
the equivalent of a coup and called
for an independent inquiry to
determine who ordered the
invasion and for what purpose,
with a view to preventing a
recurrence and also meting out
the necessary punishment to
those behind it. In a statement issued in Lagos on
Tuesday by its National Publicity
Secretary, Alhaji Lai Mohammed,
the party said using weapons to
attack an arm of government and
preventing it from carrying out its
functions are tantamount to a
coup, adding that the tear gas that
was fired into the National
Assembly by an invading force of
policemen is a chemical weapon.
''We are demanding the
independent inquiry In view of the
seriousness of the armed attack
on the National Assembly and the
danger it poses to our democracy.
We are also alerting the
international community to the
happenings in Nigeria and urging
them to show interest because of
their investment in the country's
democracy,'' it said.

Comments

most read

Tricycle Agreement form/Higher purchase

BETWEEN NAME HERE…………………………………………….OWNER of Aba North L. G. A. Abia State. AND NAME HERE…………………...……………………….HIRER of Osisioma L. G. A. Abia State. IN RE: CARTER MOTORCYCLE WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER KGE822 VALUED AT FOUR HUNDRED AND TEN  THOUSAND NAIRA (N410,000.00) DOCUMENTED BY: CHIKE EZE DANIEL ESQ., OF CAR HIRE & CO.,  IHDULE CHAMBERS, 8 AFIKPO ROAD, ABAKALIKI, HIRE PURCHASE AGREEMENT made this …………………………. day of …………………2014 BETWEEN NAME HERE of Chukwudi Umoh, of Aba north L. G. A. Abia State.  Nigeria (herein referred to as the “OWNER”) of the one part. AND NAME HERE of Azuiyiokwu Inyimagu,  Osisioma L. G. A. Abia State. State of ...

Fani kayode in support of corruption.

Fani – Kayode’s statement =“I have just spoken to Colonel Kayode Are, the former D-G of SSS during President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration and the former Acting National Security Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan and I am deeply concerned. He told me that his house is under siege and that gunshots are being fired at him and his family as we were speaking. “I am not sure what the issue is about but a situation where security men go to the home of a respected patriot like that and start shooting at him and his family for whatever reason is unacceptable and extremely dangerous. When you consider what is happening in Are’s home and marry with the shameful manner in which Colonel Sambo Dasuki, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, Governor Attahiru Bafawara, Alhaji Bashir Yuguda, Nnamdi Kanu, Godswill Orubebe, Bukola Saraki, Sule Lamido and others are being persecuted, threatened and demonised by the Federal Government it is clear that we are now in a police s...

6 Reasons for Breaking Up Text

Another Igbo businessman killed in Bauchi

TWO weeks after an Igbo business woman, Mrs Lorencia Onunkwo, was killed by yet to be arrested gunmen in front of her house at Fadama Mada area of Bauchi, a prominent Igbo businessman in the state capital, Mr John Udeh, popularly called John Bosco, was on Tuesday evening murdered in front of his house at the Federal Low-cost Housing Estate, Bauchi. Nigerian Tribune gathered that the late John Bosco was trailed by his assailants to his house where he was eventually murdered right in the presence of his wife, who was with him in his Audi car he was driving when the gunmen accosted them. A resident of the housing estate informed that the assailants, who were said to come on a motorbike, started shooting sporadically into the air to scare away residents. According to the source, “we started to hear gun shots shortly after Magrib prayer. This sent shivers down the spines of people in the area as everybody ran for dear life. It was later that we heard that the ...

Anonymous seizes Ku Klux Klan Twitter account over Ferguson threats

Two Twitter accounts belonging to American racial segregation org Ku Klux Klan, @KuKluxKlanUSA and @YourKKKCentral, have been seized by Anonymous as part of the hacker-activist entity's new campaign, #OpKKK . At 6:31pm PST Anonymous said it has knocked the website belonging to "Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan" -- the group responsible for the Ferguson threats -- offline.