Skip to main content

Data-Saving YouTube Go App Lunches In Thailand, Malaysia, Ghana, Kenya.

Google has officially brought YouTube Go - an offline-first app for viewers in developing countries where data connections are costly and slow - out of beta in India. At the same time, the video giant is rolling the app out to several additional countries throughout Southeast Asia and Africa.

YouTube Go, which enables viewers to download videos in lower qualities and send copies to friend via Bluetooth, has been modified to more closely match the flagship YouTube app as it leaves beta, per AndroidPolice. The app was first announced for the Indian market back in September 2016, and launched in beta the following February.

After bowing in both Nigeria and Indonesia earlier this year, Mashable reports that YouTube Go has now become available in beta across a slew of other countries, including Thailand, Malaysia, Vietnam, the Philippines, Ghana, Kenya, South Africa, Tanzania, and Zimbabwe. In coming weeks, it will also arrive in Sri Lanka, Senegal, and Uganda. Given that it is intended for developing countries, the app is available on Android devices, and not iOS.

Comments

most read

Tricycle Agreement form/Higher purchase

BETWEEN NAME HERE…………………………………………….OWNER of Aba North L. G. A. Abia State. AND NAME HERE…………………...……………………….HIRER of Osisioma L. G. A. Abia State. IN RE: CARTER MOTORCYCLE WITH REGISTRATION NUMBER KGE822 VALUED AT FOUR HUNDRED AND TEN  THOUSAND NAIRA (N410,000.00) DOCUMENTED BY: CHIKE EZE DANIEL ESQ., OF CAR HIRE & CO.,  IHDULE CHAMBERS, 8 AFIKPO ROAD, ABAKALIKI, HIRE PURCHASE AGREEMENT made this …………………………. day of …………………2014 BETWEEN NAME HERE of Chukwudi Umoh, of Aba north L. G. A. Abia State.  Nigeria (herein referred to as the “OWNER”) of the one part. AND NAME HERE of Azuiyiokwu Inyimagu,  Osisioma L. G. A. Abia State. State of ...

Fani kayode in support of corruption.

Fani – Kayode’s statement =“I have just spoken to Colonel Kayode Are, the former D-G of SSS during President Olusegun Obasanjo’s administration and the former Acting National Security Adviser to President Goodluck Jonathan and I am deeply concerned. He told me that his house is under siege and that gunshots are being fired at him and his family as we were speaking. “I am not sure what the issue is about but a situation where security men go to the home of a respected patriot like that and start shooting at him and his family for whatever reason is unacceptable and extremely dangerous. When you consider what is happening in Are’s home and marry with the shameful manner in which Colonel Sambo Dasuki, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, Governor Attahiru Bafawara, Alhaji Bashir Yuguda, Nnamdi Kanu, Godswill Orubebe, Bukola Saraki, Sule Lamido and others are being persecuted, threatened and demonised by the Federal Government it is clear that we are now in a police s...

6 Reasons for Breaking Up Text

Another Igbo businessman killed in Bauchi

TWO weeks after an Igbo business woman, Mrs Lorencia Onunkwo, was killed by yet to be arrested gunmen in front of her house at Fadama Mada area of Bauchi, a prominent Igbo businessman in the state capital, Mr John Udeh, popularly called John Bosco, was on Tuesday evening murdered in front of his house at the Federal Low-cost Housing Estate, Bauchi. Nigerian Tribune gathered that the late John Bosco was trailed by his assailants to his house where he was eventually murdered right in the presence of his wife, who was with him in his Audi car he was driving when the gunmen accosted them. A resident of the housing estate informed that the assailants, who were said to come on a motorbike, started shooting sporadically into the air to scare away residents. According to the source, “we started to hear gun shots shortly after Magrib prayer. This sent shivers down the spines of people in the area as everybody ran for dear life. It was later that we heard that the ...

Anonymous seizes Ku Klux Klan Twitter account over Ferguson threats

Two Twitter accounts belonging to American racial segregation org Ku Klux Klan, @KuKluxKlanUSA and @YourKKKCentral, have been seized by Anonymous as part of the hacker-activist entity's new campaign, #OpKKK . At 6:31pm PST Anonymous said it has knocked the website belonging to "Traditionalist American Knights of the Ku Klux Klan" -- the group responsible for the Ferguson threats -- offline.