Skip to main content

I was made to watch my wife being raped; I can’t touch her again


I am man in my late 30s, a father of two
boys, I got married five years ago and I
loved my wife dearly. We met when we
were in school, I knew she would be my
wife the first day I met with her, so I did
not ask her to date me, rather I asked her
to be my wife. She did not hesitate to
accept my proposal because she told me
she felt the same way about me that very
first day too.
Our friends envied us when we fulfilled our
promise to each other by getting married.
Some of our friends actually confessed
that they felt the day would never come
and we might not get married. But to the
glory of God, our day of joy was a glorious
one.
Our almost similar backgrounds might
have been responsible for our
determination to make things work,
especially our marriage and the home we
intended building together.
I am a product of a broken home. My
sister and I were raised by my mother. Her
situation made me determine to work hard
to take care of my immediate family and
also take good care of my mother.
My wife was raised by her mother, but not
because her parents were separated or
divorced; her father died when she was
still a baby. Although she tried to go into
another relationship, which did not work.
So she decided to be alone.
Probably the need for a complete family
was our drive; we tried all our best to
make our home what we wanted. Things
were going as we planned until a fateful
day about 18 months ago when my cousin
who lives in the United Kingdom came to
Nigeria and stayed with us.
On this day, my cousin travelled to our
hometown to see his mother. We finished
dinner late and after making sure that our
boys were fast asleep, we retired into our
bedroom. The television set in our room
was on, that was the reason why we did
not hear the armed robbers until they
banged the door of our room.
To say I was shocked would be putting it
mildly because we were not expecting
anybody at that time of the day and if my
cousin was going to come back, he
wouldn’t have come into the house at that
hour off the night. The door was not
locked, so they gained entrance into the
room without trouble.
When we discovered who they were and
their number, I asked my wife to lie low
and decided not to struggle with them
because they were fully armed with guns
and other dangerous weapons.
They asked me to produce my cousin who
just returned from the UK and I made
them realise that he wasn’t around. To
confirm my claim, two of the robbers
stayed with my wife in the room, while
four of them took me round the house.
When they discovered that my cousin was
not at home, they relocated our children
from their room to ours. They carted away
all the money we had, some electronics
and all our handsets. As they were about
leaving, the leader of the gang said he
wanted to have sex with my wife. I begged
him, and my wife did too. When I made a
move to save her the other members of
the gang beat me up.
He asked them to stop beating me and
said my punishment would be more
severe. They made me watch as he raped
my wife in the presence of my kids and
two other members of the gang.
The act lasted for few minutes, but they
were the worst minutes of my life.
I still cannot get this scene out of my
mind, even up till now. Since then, I have
not been able to have sex with my wife
and this fact is already causing problems
in my home. After the incident which we
are yet to discuss with any other person,
my wife saw the doctor; she took series of
tests, HIV test inclusive. She was certified
negative.
But I really cannot have sex with her
again. I have come to realise that this is
killing her. But I just cannot! I have tried
several times but I cannot hold an
erection. Please, help me. Like I stated
above, I don’t want to lose my home and
family. I know I need help, but I don’t
know where to seek it from.

Comments

most read

Nollywood Actress Dior Adiele

It is true my nudes are everywhere, but it is also not my intention dat they are, cus those pictures were meant to be private. Pregnancy stage is the only time in a woman’s life that God lets her experience different hormonal changes and every woman has the right to keep record of it and it is sad mine ended up dis way, but SHIIT HAPPENS!!! Most of u bitches condemning me do even the worst things, go stack naked for worthless reasons and cheap shit. As much people are talking, some also wish to be like me#FACT………let the bloggers keep posting and talking, I understand dats what they feed on. NUDITY is NATURE, and there is absolutely nothing new on the face of earth. I am not the first to have my pictures leaked neither will I be the last. Meanwhile, LADIES & GENTLEMEN as I don cast so, I will just get me some COLDSTONE and DOUGHNUTS, while I seat back and watch yesterday’s fresh gist become tomorrow’s old story……...

Keere. Great Balogun of Ipara of all time.

After the demise of Oguola, there were many men of valour in Ipara and mention must be made of Balogun Keere, alias Ogbo ri Olori ka ri. Keere was a great warrior during the Yoruba internecine wars. He participated in the Ijaiye war, the Owiwi war, and the Egba wars with Remo people. He was not just an ordinary warrior. He had affinity for wars and this made him to be hired by other neighbouring Yoruba towns like Ibadan, Oyo, Ijesa etc. to help in their various internecine wars. Keere was so powerful in Juju that if he was beheaded in the battle, he would pick whichever head near him and put it where his own head was severed. After the battle he would look for his own original head and replaced it. This was why he was called “O GB’ ORI OLORI KA RI” meaning, someone who puts another man’s head on his neck. Keere had the power to command the mother-earth to open up, create a vacuum, and in this vacuum he would ask the Ipara people to enter for protection from attackers. (The people went ...

See Amaechi

Wike cannot mobilize any grassroot outside his Ikwerre ethnic nationality. GEJ and PDP know this; they will not give him the party ticket. How can Ikwerre rule for over 8 years then they want to continue? Wike can be likened to Goliath so big and so formidable but its a small stone that will end it all.

Whitney Daughter found Unconscious

The daughter of late singer Whitney Houstonwas pulled unconscious from her bathtub Saturday at her Georgiahome, in an eerie echo of her mother's tragic death three years ago. Bobbi Kristina Brown, 21, was found by her husband and a friend at her home in Roswell, Roswell Police Department spokeswoman Lisa Holland said. Emergency services were called to assist before Brown was whisked to North Fulton Hospital for treatment. "She is still alive and breathing and other than that I do not know her condition at this time," Holland told a news conference. "Investigators are on the scene at the hospital and the house."Bobbi Kristina Brown 's family will take her off life support on Wednesday so that Brown can die on the same day as her mother Whitney Houston. Brown, 21, has been in a coma since she was found unresponsive in a bathtub at her home in Georgia on Jan. 31. Police are investigating the incident, focusing on Brown's romantic partner Nick Gord...