Skip to main content

Disable the android lock screen password or pin with VPN enabled

My problem with this is that I don’t want a lock screen password
or pin on my device. I think that if you are storing your VPN
password, then I could understand the need for the security and at
that point be prompted to require a lock screen pin or password.
Additionally, configuration of the VPN was extremely difficult as
compared to my experience with IOS. It took a couple Google
searches to find other people struggling with the same issue.
Eventually I figured out how to setup my VPN and everything
worked as it should.
The one thing I did notice is that Android supports more VPN
connection types that the IOS based iPhone. Needless to say I am
happy that my VPN is working but still I am disappointed that I
have a lock screen now. I don’t store anything confidential nor
store my passwords for anything I connect to.
After getting my VPN configured I did a Google search on the
matter and found that I am not the only one who finds this
annoying. The good news is that there is a way to disable this.
Unfortunately, I feel that Google Android goes about this the
wrong way. Rather than letting me know I had the option and
understand the security risk, I had to look it up. Thats all well and
dandy but the fix for this is completely ridiculous.
To Remove a password lock screen with VPN/Stored Credentials
on Android

1. Set up your VPN
2. Set up lock screen password protection with same VPN password
3. Open screen password
4. Enter none
5. Press ok
6. Lock your tablet
7. Your screen is unlocked

In my humble opinion this is
completely ridiculous and Google should be ashamed. I hope in
future versions of Android they will address this issue and make
this more user friendly.

Comments

most read

Nollywood Actress Dior Adiele

It is true my nudes are everywhere, but it is also not my intention dat they are, cus those pictures were meant to be private. Pregnancy stage is the only time in a woman’s life that God lets her experience different hormonal changes and every woman has the right to keep record of it and it is sad mine ended up dis way, but SHIIT HAPPENS!!! Most of u bitches condemning me do even the worst things, go stack naked for worthless reasons and cheap shit. As much people are talking, some also wish to be like me#FACT………let the bloggers keep posting and talking, I understand dats what they feed on. NUDITY is NATURE, and there is absolutely nothing new on the face of earth. I am not the first to have my pictures leaked neither will I be the last. Meanwhile, LADIES & GENTLEMEN as I don cast so, I will just get me some COLDSTONE and DOUGHNUTS, while I seat back and watch yesterday’s fresh gist become tomorrow’s old story……...

See Amaechi

Wike cannot mobilize any grassroot outside his Ikwerre ethnic nationality. GEJ and PDP know this; they will not give him the party ticket. How can Ikwerre rule for over 8 years then they want to continue? Wike can be likened to Goliath so big and so formidable but its a small stone that will end it all.

My advice for you

Guy, if truly,the woman u want to get married to is stil going out wth guys out there,u should knw dat she's not good enough to be a wife,cos she will also do dat wen u're married to her.I can't fight over a girl or even confront any man or guy over a woman because they do not put a gun on her head before she follows them to their houses or even sleep there for days,she went there willingly on her own wthout any threat or force.so u should stnd up to be a real man and not to marry a woman dat does not value u,cos if she did,she will not follow any man.please dnt kill urself over woman issue my brother

Whitney Daughter found Unconscious

The daughter of late singer Whitney Houstonwas pulled unconscious from her bathtub Saturday at her Georgiahome, in an eerie echo of her mother's tragic death three years ago. Bobbi Kristina Brown, 21, was found by her husband and a friend at her home in Roswell, Roswell Police Department spokeswoman Lisa Holland said. Emergency services were called to assist before Brown was whisked to North Fulton Hospital for treatment. "She is still alive and breathing and other than that I do not know her condition at this time," Holland told a news conference. "Investigators are on the scene at the hospital and the house."Bobbi Kristina Brown 's family will take her off life support on Wednesday so that Brown can die on the same day as her mother Whitney Houston. Brown, 21, has been in a coma since she was found unresponsive in a bathtub at her home in Georgia on Jan. 31. Police are investigating the incident, focusing on Brown's romantic partner Nick Gord...